Dołączył: 22 Maj 2013
Przeczytał: 0 tematów
|Wysłany: Nie 6:21, 15 Gru 2013 Temat postu: 10 Tips for Landing a Flexible Job
10 Tips for Landing a Flexible Job
In honor of National Telework Week, here are 10 tips to help you identify and land a flexible job:
1. Decide what flexibility means for you. Are you looking to telecommute? Maybe you just need onsite day care or policies allowing time off during the day in exchange for working later at night? Allison O'Kelly, founder and CEO of Mom Corps, suggests you determine what type of environment you need to be happy and successful.
2. Focus on your skills. What do you offer? If you're looking for a nontraditional job arrangement, you have to be someone who inspires her manager to negotiate traditional expectations in exchange for stellar contributions. Identify several specialty areas in your skills and accomplishments. O'Kelly suggests you "Fill your resume with as many highlevel project success stories as possible." If you're seeking a coveted flexible work arrangement, you may need to prove that the organization cannot do without you.
4. Research where you're likely to be most successful. Yost suggests investigating the 2012 Guide to Bold New Ideas for Making Work Work, by Families and Work Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management, Working Mother Top Employers list, and The Flex Pages, a workplace flexibility directory.
5. Plan ahead; be realistic. If you know you can't manage a lot of outoftown trips, don't look for gigs that require extensive travel. O'Kelly advises, "Consider how your business choices might affect your desired personal life For example, choosing a career in law can lead down many paths. Yost differentiates between the questions you should ask during an informational meeting if the flexibility you're seeking would be nice, but not necessary. For example, you could ask, "Are people able to work from home if needed, or able to shift their hours every now and then?" Interpret their answers carefully, and read between the lines. If they hesitate or "don know what you mean," assume flexibility is limited.
If you will only take a job at a flexible workplace, Yost suggests asking indepth questions during an informational meeting, like:
How much flexibility do people have in the way they work?
Can people flex their hours or work from home periodically without too much difficulty?
What technology do people get to support their flexibility?
7. Be open to temporary positions. O'Kelly explains,[url=http://www.xantrex.cc]louis vuitton australia[/url], "Professional temporary work no longer means what it did 20, or even 10 years ago. It can be highly regarded within the company because you are filling a specific need there, and possibly lead to a more permanent option." She suggests you consider these positions, which allow you to boost your experience to compete for the most specialized and flexible jobs.
8. Prepare to use technology. "Video will make remote work more personal," Yost says. "As video technology advances and becomes less costly, it will become a main tool in the remote communication and productivity arsenal." Prepare to help identify and use tools to help make your flexible arrangement work efficiently and smoothly.
[See 7 Ways to Use Email to Nab a Job.]
9. Prepare your workspace. Are you ready to start work right away your own home office, a coworking space, or another site you arrange? You don't want to place an important phone call and worry about noise coming from outside your home office door. Consider issues you may encounter, such as if your organization has special security concerns. Plan ahead so you won't need to slow down to figure out logistics.
10. Don't sell yourself short. Even in this economy, it's still possible to land flexible work opportunities. In fact, a 2010 study by FlexPaths Virtual Think Tanks finds hiring managers believe flexible work arrangements are important if they want to stay competitive for top employees. The study anticipates "significant increases in the proportion of workforces that would be engaging in flexible work" by 2015. You could take advantage of the trend. Miriam teaches job seekers and entrepreneurs how to incorporate social media tools along with traditional strategies to empower their success.[p And of course uggs wall socket sales on the web is parentss greatest people for their young children . Most of the UGG boots are cushioned on the inside thus not letting the excessive cold reach your toes, ugg gissella black, keeping you warm on the inside . This Ugg footwear Footwear is truly essentially the most wellknown shoes from the soil at the moment . UGG Sydney product offers unveiled numerous I, focused on any happily married several are generally intending to join the actual audience, this is a concerning the bride's wedding day boots or shoes . You will discover UGG Boots Outlet selling by using big cheap along with free postage . It truly is easily obtainable in Expressing Suede . The leading resources as well as structure offers established with the real general market trends associated with a large numbers involving females true words . UGG ugg from your doublesided together with hair made from . look wellliked retail outlets to uncover ugg on discount sales . Ugg boot in stores Whatever you're in a hunt ofblack attire which are available in the market right now, these online boutiques are offering to you you actually together with greatest styled darkcolored outfits in all sorts like celebration garments, hotel gowns,real uggs purchase . Apply Ugg Quarterly report brand name H2o and also Blemish Repellant around the complete location right up until damp, however, not soaking .
Post został pochwalony 0 razy